Bird Watching in Chitwan
- Tharu Village Tour
- Sunset View
- Tharu Cultural Program
- Elephant Breeding Centre Visit
- Canoeing in Rapti River in traditional handmade boat
- Jeep Safari inside Chitwan National Park
- One Horned Rhino, Gharial Crocodile, Bengal Tiger and other endangered wildlife animals.
- Elephant Back Safari
- Bis hajari lake visit
Bird Watching in Chitwan
Chitwan is one of the wonderlands of Nepal. This fascinating creation of nature is home to 544 species of birds. If you are bird lover, then Chitwan is the bird paradise. To give you the short idea, this National Park is trolled by 68 species of mammals; 56 species of herepeto fauna. Park is also habitat of 126 species of fish and about 544 species of birds. So, to make your dream of viewing this nature utopia true, Duke Nepal hereby offers you Chitwan Bird Watching Tour.
The wetland and presence of rivers are the some of the reasons birds like to fly in this beautiful park. Bird watching in Chitwan will serve you with soul satisfying experience. You will even dot 22 globally threatened bird species within small area of 952.63 km2. To make most of your bird watching tour, we suggest you to do the jungle walk with our experienced naturalist. This will grant you gratifying experience and you even can enjoy the birds and land mammals at the same time.
As you knew by now that Chitwan is habitat of whopping 544 species of birds, some of the name of the birds is: Cormorants, Darter, Cinnamon Bittern, Black-crowned Night and Purple Herons, Asian Openbill, Woolly-necked and Lesser Adjutant Storks, Lesser Whistling Duck, Cotton Pygmy Goose, Balloons Ruddy-breasted and Brown Crakes, Purple Gallinule, Bronze-winged Jacana, Painted Snipe and Stork-billed Kingfisher, Chestnut-crowned and Spotted Bush Warblers, Yellow bellied Prinia, Clamorous Reed, dusky and Smoky Warblers, and Red-capped Babbler.
This list is long, and is equally appealing to all the nature lovers out there. Whatever you find appealing, may it be taking best photos of the birds, understanding the nature and types of birds or simply satisfying your senses with their soulful enchanting sound and colors, Duke Nepal’s Chitwan Bird Watching Tour is the one and only best way to indulge yourself in this bird’s watchers heaven.
Plan your Birdwatching tour with Duke Nepal to experience what it feels like to be in the best bird watching place of planet earth.
Chitwan National Park, an oldest national park in Nepal (1973) and granted the status of a World Heritage Site. Furthermore, You can see Royal Bengal tiger closely while jeep driving. One Horned Rhinos as well as many wild animals, plant and aquatics animals is seen in inside national park. Tiger Tracking, Bird watching, Research inside national park are other attractions of Chitwan National Park.
Chitwan is the home of Tharu community who have been contributing for cultural program and overall cultural development of Chitwan Chitwan attracts couple as many love birds roam around Chitwan. CNP not only offers Jungle Safari activities but it has been offering amazing sunset view, Tharu cultural program, Jeep safari activities, and many such activities.
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by our car, van and bus
- Accommodation as required by you or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- City tour with our guides in private car, van or bus if appropriate
- All typical Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners)
- 3 Cup of teas during the trek
- English speaking Guide depending on the place
- Local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- Airfares including taxes as appropriate for internal flight transfer which is a part of trekking itinerary
- All our government taxes
- Official expense
- First aid kits
- Availability of Duke Nepal Personnel in emergency
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the trekking itinerary
- Your travel insurance which is compulsory
- Your International Plane fare and airport taxes
- Appropriate visa fees
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
- Personal trekking equipment and gear
- Certain sightseeing entrance fees
- Gratuities, tips to guides, porters, drivers, etc. (not compulsory)
Arrival at Kathmandu
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport, you will welcomed by one of Duke Nepal representative. Hotel Transfer and evening ride to most colorful street of Nepal, the Thamel Street. Welcome dinner and overnight at hotel.
Transfer to Chitwan and Chitwan Evening Activities
Early morning breakfast at hotel. Drive/Fly to Chitwan. Check In at Hotel and evening jungle walk with our expert naturalist and evening cultural program that includes Tharu Cultural dance, stick dance, peacock dance. Overnight at Hotel.
Whole day Chitwan Bird Watching Tour
This third day will serve you all the opportunities to dote amazing land mammals along with enchanting and colorful birds. We will be delighted to observe some of the most captivating land mammals and equally enthralling birds in this perfect setting of nature. The Chitwan is bird’s heaven and you will see the birds like Chestnut-Capped Babbler, Small Pratincole, Blue-Bearded Bee-Eater, River Lapwing, Long-Tailed Shrike, Emerald Dove, White-Browed Wagtail, Collared Falconet, Changeable Hawk-Eagle, Brown Crake, Red Jungle Fowl, Indian Peafowl, Striped Tit-babbler, Jungle Owlet, Black-rumped, Himalayan and Greater Flamebacks, Red-headed Trogon, Small Minivet, Spot-Winged Starling, Hill Myna and Chestnut-Crowned, Pale-Footed and Spotted Bush-warblers. This day will offer you the plethora of chance to see the animals like one horned rhinoceros, royal Bengal tiger as well. This large variety of birds is lured towards the wetland and different rivers that National Park offers. The third will end with evening dinner and overnight at hotel.
Bird Watching and Chitwan Activities
We will engage in more activities in this third day. The day will start from fresh breakfast and bird watching. In the daytime light we will be offering you the activities like Canoeing, Elephant breeding center visit, Chitwan Jeep Safari and will return back to Hotel. In the evening you will be offered barbeque of local meat items. Dinner and Overnight at Hotel.
Early Morning Breakfast at hotel and fly/drive back to Kathmandu.