Muktinath Temple Tour (Chumig Gyatsa)
Muktinath Temple Tour is most alluring tour which will award you the best view of the almighty mountains. You can either fly to Jomsom or drive to Muktinath. In addition to the journey,the main attraction of Muktinath Temple Tour of course is the Muktinath Temple. Temple lies at the altitude of 13,000 feet. Similarly, this amazing pagoda style temple is believed to be the god of salvation. Both Hindus and Buddhist from all over the world visits this temple.
Pilgrims from India know this site as Muktidham. Moreover, at the auspicious festival of Janai Poornima , Rishitarpani, Ram Navami and Bijaya Dashami, thousands of pilgrims pay the homage to the lord Bishnu in the temple. Behind the temple, black amriote fossils (Shaligram) are found in the site. Pilgrims collect them as these fossils are believed to be the incarnation of Lord Bishnu.
How to Reach Muktinath
- Via Helicopter: One and Half Hour Helicopter Ride from Kathmandu to Muktinath and returning back to either Kathmandu or Pokhara. Helicopter on demand and does not operate daily.
- Via Road: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara (206km – 6 hrs.) stay overnight. Drive Pokhara to Jomsom via Beni, Tatopani, Ghasa, and Marpha (170 km – 9 hrs.) stay overnight. Drive Jomsom to Muktinath have darshan and directly drive back to Pokhara, stay overnight. And drive back to Kathmandu.
- Via Flight: Firstly, fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara (25 minutes – starts at 8-9 am). Since, Pokhara to Jomsom flight is operates in early morning only, one night needs to be spend at Pokhara. Next day fly to Jomsom, drive to Muktinath and back to Jomsom, stay overnight there. Take the earliest flight from Jomsom to Pokhara and connecting flight to Kathmandu.
Best Time to plan for Muktinath Temple Tour
- March, April, May, September , October, November and December
- The weather and road conditions are better in these seasons and time.
- For Non- Nepali only, ACAP and TIMS is mandatory
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) by Nepal Tourism Board, Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) from TAAN office, Thamel/Maligaun, Kathmandu or Pokhara
- Four Passport size photos and passport copy required.
If you had that one wish of satisfying your soul and sense with best spiritual feeling and
captivating view of mountains and nature, Muktinath Temple Tour is for you. Come plan this Muktinath Temple Tour with Duke Nepal Treks to experience one of the finest creation of the nature.
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by our car, van and bus
- Accommodation as required by you or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- City tour with our guides in private car, van or bus if appropriate
- All typical Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners)
- 3 Cup of teas during the trek
- English speaking Guide depending on the place
- Local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- Airfares including taxes as appropriate for internal flight transfer which is a part of trekking itinerary
- All our government taxes
- Official expense
- First aid kits
- Availability of Duke Nepal Personnel in emergency
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the trekking itinerary
- Your travel insurance which is compulsory
- Your International Plane fare and airport taxes
- Appropriate visa fees
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
- Personal trekking equipment and gear
- Certain sightseeing entrance fees
- Gratuities, tips to guides, porters, drivers, etc. (not compulsory)
Arrival in Kathmandu
Our office representative will receive you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel in a private vehicle. After check-in and refreshment in the hotel. We will brief you about the tour. After the briefing, there will be free time for you.
After having satisfying breakfast at hotel, we will go for the Kathmandu World Heritage Sites Sightseeing Tour. We will provide you private vehicle and license holder experienced city tour guide. Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Bauddhanath and Pashupatinath Temple are included in Sightseeing Tour.
Kathmandu to Pokhara
After having satisfying breakfast in Hotel, We will depart for the Pokhara. It is around 6-8 hour drive in Private Vehicle. It 204 km distance.
Pokhara to Jomsom
After breakfast at Hotel, we start our journey to Jomsom. First we drive west to the town of Beni with the black top road and then follow the Kali Gandaki River. The road after Beni is off-road. The Kali Gandaki valley is the world’s deepest gorge, between Dhaulagiri (8,167 m) and Annapurna I (8,091 m) Himalaya. Jomsom is the best place to see the overhead view of Nilgiri Himal.
Muktinath to Pokhara
After having a satisfying breakfast at Jomsom, we will depart for the Muktinath Rituals & will be returned to Pokhara via Beni. Pokhara is the city of lakes. Phewa lake is a famous and beautiful lake in Nepal. You can do boating in Phewa Lake.
Pokhara to Kathmandu with Manakamana Darshan
On the way to Kathmandu, we will do Manakamana Darshan.
Our office representative will drop you to the Airport according to your flight time on the private vehicle.
In kathmandu and Pokhara, there is 3 star or 4 star Hotels for Accomodation.
- Hotel Vaishali
- Hotel Dandelion
- Hotel Dhaulagiri
- Hotel Majesty
- Hotel Annapurna Inn