- Birds Paradise with the 290 species of birds
- Fishing Acitivities
- Best Bird Watching Experience
- Land Mammals and plethora of vegetation
Koshi Tappu Bird Watching tour
Easily Birds Watching heaven, the Koshi Tappu Wildlife reserve deserves less no attention in the department of natural beauty. Reserve is the home to 485 species of birds, 31 species of mammals, 200 species of fish, 514 species of plants. Koshi Tappu lies Far-South east of Nepal touching Saptari and Sunsari district with total area of 175km2.
What makes this reserve truly fascinating is presence of mudflats, reed beds, and freshwater marshes. And the presence of this wetland allures the birds every year to the reserve. In fact, Koshi Tappu Wildlife reserve is best place to skip your monotonous life and to satisfy yourself with nature.
Birds not to Miss
You can dot birds like Watercock, Indian Nightjar, Dusky Eagleowl, Black-Headed Cuckooshrike and Whitetailed Stonechat. Similarly birds like, Large Adjutant Stork, Pallas’s Fish Eagle, Common Golden-Eye, and Gullbilled Tern is ready to welcome you. Moreover, you can add to overall experience by travelling in jeep, or doing jungle walk with naturalist of Duke Nepal.
Similarly, you cannot be missing the amazing bird migration from Siberia to this reserve every winter. Mammals like Royal Bengal Tiger, Leopards, Hog deer, wild boar, spotted deer, bull and of course wild buffaloes are seen. To provide you soul satisfying experience, Duke Nepal has come up with the best Bird watching tour of Koshi Tappu. This Bird Watching tour is adventurous journey to discover some of the best bird and land mammals in the earth.
Whatever may lure you, may it be endearing chirping of birds, roaring land mammals or simply the amazing greenery of forest, this amazing Koshi Tappu Bird Watching tour of Duke Nepal will not disappoint you, just make sure you have birding gears with you. Join with Duke Nepal Treks and Expedition to truly understand true land-man relationship in this unique and finest creation of Mother Nature.
How to Reach Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve?
- Buses from Kathmandu to Biratnagar is available. Visitors can get off before Laukhi and walk 3 km to the Reserve Headquarters which is marked by a signboard on the main road.
- Air flight are also availabe from KTM-BIR .Later visitors can take bus or jeep to the reach to reserve entrance shortly after Lauki.
Come plan this amazing bird watching tour with us to see for yourself what it feels like to indulge yourself in the best bird watching site of this planet.
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by our car, van and bus
- Accommodation as required by you or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- City tour with our guides in private car, van or bus if appropriate
- All typical Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners)
- 3 Cup of teas during the trek
- English speaking Guide depending on the place
- Local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- Airfares including taxes as appropriate for internal flight transfer which is a part of trekking itinerary
- All our government taxes
- Official expense
- First aid kits
- Availability of Duke Nepal Personnel in emergency
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the trekking itinerary
- Your travel insurance which is compulsory
- Your International Plane fare and airport taxes
- Appropriate visa fees
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, Internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
- Personal trekking equipment and gear
- Certain sightseeing entrance fees
- Gratuities, tips to guides, porters, drivers, etc. (not compulsory)
Upon arrival, you will be warmly welcomed by our representative and will be transferred to hotel located at the heart of city. In the evening you will be offered welcome dinner and we will also brief about the activities that you will be doing under the itinerary.
Flight to Biratnagar
Early morning breakfast at hotel and drop to the domestic airport.40 minute Flight to Biratnagar. This flight will be quite satisfying as this flight will offer you the view of almighty mountains like Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Everest, Gaurishankar, Jugal – Langtang and Ganesh Himal. You will be welcomed in the airport and will be transferred to the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve. Welcome at camp and briefing about the tour. After the lunch, you will engage in short walk to see captivating birds like Storks, Ibises, Snipes, Waterfowl,etc.
Whole day Bird watching
The third take you to the award you extraordinary opportunity to have the glimpse of colorful and enchanting birds. The third day will start with fresh breakfast and boat riding. After the boating, you will indulge yourself in the bird watching with the packed lunch. You will be encountering mammals like waders, waterfowls, marsh crocodiles, otters, wild buffalo, etc. You will see different types of birds while setting your foot in this wonderland. You will be dotting the birds like ducks, porchards, Storks, Cormorants, Ibis to fishing and serpent eagles including river gulls and swallows and you will be transferred back to the hotel.
Jungle Safari and Bird Watching and Flight back to Kathmandu
This fourth day is equally enthralling as this day will serve you the chance to see and capture birds like racquet-tailed drongo, golden backed woodpeckers, pied hornbills, leaf-birds, red-thigh falcons, etc. Flight back to Kathmandu
Farewell and Departure
You will be fare welled with one meal in cultural restaurant.