- Most Satisfying Sunrise and Himalayas view.
- Biggest Ghandruk Gurung Village with soulful Gurung Culture.
- Best view of Dhaulagiri (8176M), Manaslu(8163M) and Annapurna I (8091M) and other mountains.
- Beautiful Terrace Farming of Rice.
- Comparatively Short and easy trek.
- Pristine Rhododendron Forest.
- Warm hospilatity of local people with smiling face.
Poonhill lies 3210m above the sea level. Poonhill trekking is one of the mediocre level trekking. This trekking seems to be the chance to reduce the proximity between you and your desire of dotting magnificent mountains of the world.
Furthermore, Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking will not only award you with the chance of experiencing the massive mountain. Moreover, the fresh and serene air that passes through the silver mountains is the most pure form of air you can breathe in Poonhill. Even more, equally beautifying hospitality of the local villagers will make you forget your own world for the moment.
Moreover, the smiling rhododendron forests with heart touching birds chanting will give you that sense of pride of being close to the nature. Even more, mountains like Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Annapurna II, III, IV , Gangapurna, Lamung Himal, Barasikhar, Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak, Hiunchuli and Manaslu will be seen from Poonhill.
Moreover, the soul astounding experience you can gather is when the rays of sun hit the snowcapped mountains, revealing them and creating the magical golden shine on the mountains. Due to which, Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking is what you have to go for experiencing this finest creation. Furthermore, the short 7 Days 6 Night Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking of Duke Nepal will give you that immersive experience of nature’s purity and perfection.
Best Time to plan for Poonhill Trekking
- September, October, November, December and January.
- Experience snowfall in December and January.
- March, April and May
- For Non- Nepali only, ACAP and TIMS are mandatory
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) by Nepal Tourism Board.
- Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) from the TAAN office.
- Four Passport size photos and a passport copy are required.
One can reach Poonhill via Ulleri or can reach Poonhill via Ghandruk. Ghandruk is a comparatively easier route to Poonhill. The trip starts from Nayapul which is 2 hours drive from Pokhara. After reaching Nayapul one can reach Ulleri by short hike of 3 hours. One next day one can reach Ghorepani from Ulleri with a continuous walk of 7-8 hours. Poonhill can be easily reached within 2 days from Pokhara. After reaching Ghorpeani one can trek to Ghandruk and can trek to Nayapul from Ghandruk. After reaching Nayapul, one can board the vehicle to Pokhara. The Poonhill is a more accessible and easy route for trekking. One can also use the Ghandruk route to reach Poonhiil. Moreover, Helicopter service is also available if required by the guests.
Ghandruk, Ulleri & Poonhill offer tourist standard hotels to the customers. Poonhill not only offers our authentic cuisine i.e, Dal, Bhat & Tarkari but also offers popular international fast foods such as Pizza, Burger & Sandwiches$5-$10 per day can be enough for one-day accommodation in Poonhill & Ghandruk. Even more, you can also taste the Gurung food in Ghandruk.
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by our car, van and bus
- Accommodation as required by you or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- City tour with our guides in private car, van or bus if appropriate
- All typical Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners)
- 3 Cup of teas during the trek
- English speaking Guide depending on the place
- Local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- Airfares including taxes as appropriate for internal flight transfer which is a part of trekking itinerary
- All our government taxes
- Official expense
- First aid kits
- Availability of Duke Nepal Personnel in emergency
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the trekking itinerary
- Your travel insurance which is compulsory
- Your International Plane fare and airport taxes
- Appropriate visa fees
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
- Personal trekking equipment and gear
- Certain sightseeing entrance fees
- Gratuities, tips to guides, porters, drivers, etc. (not compulsory)
Drive to Pokhara (800M)
At 6:30am, our trekking staffs will pick up you at hotel and escort to the bus station. The bus to Pokhara leaves at around 7:30am. You will drive by the beautiful rivers Trisuli and marsyangdi which is very popular for rafting as well. Pokhara is very popular for the panoramic view of majestic Himalayas such as Annapurna, Machhapuchhre in the north, Dhaulagiri in the west, Lamjung Himal and Manaslu in the east. After 7 hours of drive, you will arrive at Pokahara, beautiful city of lakes, caves,Buddhist and Hindus temples. You can enjoy your evening wandering on lake sides. Overnight at a hotel
An hour drives to Birethanti(1025m) and trek to Ulleri(2070m)
Our trek starts at Birethanti a large village with many shops and teahouses after an hour drive on a private vehicle from Pokhara. We start walking from Birethanti and after ascending steeply for the first 2 hours and then ascend gently to reach at Ulleri, a large Magar village at an altitude of 2,070m. Overnight at guest house
Trek to Ghorapani(2860m) from Ulleri(2070m)
This path gives us breathtaking views of Machhapuchhare or Fish Tail (6997m.), Hiunchuli (6441m.), and the grand Annapurna (7219m) south on the way. The trail is quite easy and we pass forest and rhododendron trees on the way to Ghorepani. Overnight at guest house
Poon Hill(3210m) hiking in the morning, and trek to Tadapani(2630m)
An hour early morning hike to Poon Hill (3232m.) offers you the sunrise view over Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m.), Tukuche Peak (6920m.), Nilgiri (6940m.), Varaha Shikhar (7847m.), Mt. Annapurna I (8091m.), Annapurna South (7219m.), Annapurna III (7855m.), Machhapuchhare (6993m.), Annapurna IV (7525m.), Annapurna II (7937m.), Lamjung Himal (6931m.) and other numerous snowcapped mountains. We hike down to Ghorepani and after a hot breakfast at Lodge and trek to Tadapani (2650 m.). Most part of the trail we trek through the colorful jungle of pine and rhododendron trees. Overnight at a guesthouse
Trek to Ghandruk(1940m), village tour in the evening
Today, the trail descends through forests to Ghandruk, it is easy trekking by descending gently all the way through rhododendron, oak and other kinds of dense forests with the chirping sounds of birds .This is one of the popular destinations for the birds’ lovers. Ghandruk is a big Gurung village and the home to many Gorkha soldiers. Because of its beautiful mountain views its one of popular destinations for trekkers. We will explore the Gurung village in this day. Overnight at a guesthouse
Trek to Birethanti(1025m), and drive to Pokhara
Today, it is easy trek to descend from Ghandruk all the way to Kimchi and crossing Seulibazzar via Birethanti and drive back to Pokhara.
Drive back to Kathmandu
You have the option to extend your trip to continue onto Chitwan jungle safari, rafting adventure, Kathmandu valley shopping tour, and scenic Everest flight, mountain biking and other activities. Drive back to Kathmandu.