Trekking Highlights of Mardi Himal Trek
- Majestic view of Annapurna range and Fistail
- Rhododendron forest along the way
- Impressive landscape
- Amazing People
Mardi Himal Trekking
Mardi Himal trek takes you to the base of the beautiful Mardi peak and the magnificent Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) only at the highest altitude of 4500m from sea level. Mardi Himal lies in the Annapurna region just beside the famous Annapurna Base Camp trail. The hidden trail enthralls you with an amazing people and impressive landscape along the way. You can start your trek from the small town named Kande. Kande lies 240 kilometers northwest from Kathmandu and just 40 kilometers away from the lake city Pokhara. To fulfill your desire of dotting satisfying view of the majestic mountains, we hereby offer the ultimate Mardi Himal Trek.
Moreover, Mardi Himal is at the elevation of 5,587 meters above the sea level and is comparatively easier even for beginners.Furthermore, when you reach the elevation of 3,300m, you will walk through the dense rhododendron forest which is an absolutely stunning view especially during March and April.
In addition, as the elevation rises, the landscapes change into more rockier, steep and narrow trails. We pass through traditional gurung villages of Pothana, Deurali and there are tea houses at Forest Camp, Rest Camp, Low Camp, Badale danda(Nange Danda), and High Camp along the way from where you can witness majestic view of Annapurna mountain range and terrific Fistail peak. Moreover, to experience even outstanding landscape and beautiful mountains, you can hike up in the morning at around 5 from the high camp to the Mardi base camp along the rocky and steep trails, which would take you a total of 7 hours back and forth. The hike down from High Camp to Sidhing has steep stairs so Duke Nepal suggests you carry a Knee guard.
Best Time to plan for Mardi Himal Trek
- September,October, November, December and January
- The weather and road conditions are better in these seasons and time.
- Experience Snow Fall in December and January
- For Non- Nepali only, ACAP and TIMS is mandatory
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) by Nepal Tourism Board, Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) from TAAN office, Thamel/Maligaun, Kathmandu or Pokhara
- Four Passport size photos and passport copy required.
>Mardi Himal Trek of Duke Nepal Treks will take you to that peculiar journey where you can absorb the serenity served by the nature in its purest form.
Come plan this Mardi Himal trekking with us as Duke Nepal will surely provide you with the Duke Adventure.
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by our car, van and bus
- Accommodation as required by you or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- City tour with our guides in private car, van or bus if appropriate
- All typical Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners)
- 3 Cup of teas during the trek
- English speaking Guide depending on the place
- Local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- Airfares including taxes as appropriate for internal flight transfer which is a part of trekking itinerary
- All our government taxes
- Official expense
- First aid kits
- Availability of Duke Nepal Personnel in emergency
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the trekking itinerary
- Your travel insurance which is compulsory
- Your International Plane fare and airport taxes
- Appropriate visa fees
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
- Personal trekking equipment and gear
- Certain sightseeing entrance fees
- Gratuities, tips to guides, porters, drivers, etc. (not compulsory)
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (7 hours)
Pokhara to Forest Camp
Drive from Pokhara to Kande(1 hour) and trek from Kande to Forest Camp( 6-7 hours)
Forest Camp to High Camp
Trekking from Forest Camp to High Camp (6 hours)
High Camp to Mardi Base Camp
High Camp to Mardi Base Camp and back to High Camp (7 hours)
High Camp to Sidhing
Trekking from High Camp to Sidhing (6 hours)
Sidhing to Pokhara
Drive from Sidhing to Pokhara(3 hours), Rest at Pokhara
Pokhara to Kathmandu
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (7 hours)